What's QuickBooks Error UEXP, and How can you Fix it?
QuickBooks Error UEXP is triggered while downloading updates for QuickBooks Payroll or activating the payroll subscription for QuickBooks Desktop. You receive the error message “We are having difficulties verifying your account status. Error=UEXP” when QuickBooks Desktop Error UEXP is triggered. Several reasons can cause the error to get triggered. You need to understand the cause of the error to find the most effective solution to fix it. The most common causes and solutions to the error are explained below in this article. Read the complete article to know more.
If you are having difficulty resolving the error by yourself and need help with the troubleshooting, dial (844)-932-1139 and get technical assistance from a QuickBooks Professional.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 350
Reasons for the Cause of QuickBooks Error UEXP
An error can get triggered due to multiple causes. Major causes for the QuickBooks Desktop Error UEXP are listed below:
1. The QuickBooks version you are using is outdated.
2. Your QuickBooks is updated, but you have an outdated e-file or e-pay in the current company file.
3. Your payroll subscription is not activated.
Once you have determined the cause of the error, you will easily find the most suitable solution to the error. If you could not figure out the cause of the error, randomly implement the solutions you think are relevant to your situation.
Troubleshooting Methods to QuickBooks Error Code UEXP
Fixing the error is easy if you know what caused the error. Some simple solutions to the error are provided below:
- Remove the Old E-file and E-Pay
The error is mostly triggered due to an old e-file or e-pay in the current company file. You need to remove the old files to fix the error. The steps to remove the old e-file are given below:
1. Open the Employees menu.
2. Select My Payroll Services and then click Manage Service Key.
3. Choose the appropriate payroll service from the QuickBooks Service Keys window.
4. For the QuickBooks Direct Deposit users, click Edit, select Next, then choose the Finish button.
5. If you don’t use QuickBooks Direct Deposit, click Remove or press Alt + 0 when the Manage Service Key window is open to remove the payroll service.
6. Then click Yes two times consecutively to remove the old e-file and e-pay agreement from the company file.
7. After that, type the new service key that is working in your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Update QuickBooks
Many errors in QuickBooks are caused due to outdated QuickBooks. You need to update your QuickBooks regularly to prevent and fix the error. Follow the instructions given below to update QuickBooks manually:
1. First, you need to close all the company files and the QuickBooks application.
2. Next, select the Windows Start menu.
3. Type QuickBooks in the search box.
4. Right-click the QuickBooks icon and select Run as administrator.
5. Open the Help menu in the No Company Open window.
6. Click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
7. Then select the Options tab, choose Mark All, and click Save.
8. After that, click the Update Now tab and checkmark the Reset Update checkbox.
9. Finally, click Get Updates, reopen QuickBooks after the update is downloaded, and select Yes when given the option to install update.
10. Restart the system after the update and then check if the error is fixed.
The article describes the causes and the solutions to QuickBooks Error UEXP. The most effective solutions explained above include removing the old e-pay and e-file from the company file and updating QuickBooks. Dial (844)-932-1139 if you have any questions related to the article or the error.