QuickBooks Error 6177 0: Ways In Which This Error Can Be Fixed
QuickBooks error 6177 0 is a standard error faced by QB users. When you create a new company file in QuickBooks, some changes happen. First, the file gets saved in the company folder, and then, the path of the company file gets saved in QuickBooks. Hence, when you attempt to open a company file, QuickBooks locates it in the company file folder and opens it for you. QuickBooks shows the error 6177 when it is unsuccessful in finding the file. In this blog, we go through the solutions and causes for the error.
In case of any doubt or query for the steps given below, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at (844)-932-1139.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 6177 0
There are multiple causes associated with this error. It’s essential first to realize the grounds of an error before we search for a solution. Fixing causes is what leads to a solution. Given below are some of the causes for this error:
- Obsolete QuickBooks application is the primary reason for getting this error.
- Corruption in the QuickBooks company file can trigger this company file error.
- Destroyed company file folder.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not on your computer.
Now that we’ve seen the causes, it’ll be easy for you to figure out a solution for your problem.
Solutions For QuickBooks Company File Error 6177 0
There are numerous solutions to get rid of error message “QuickBooks error 6177 0 cannot use the path”. Multiple causes of this error lead to a variety of solutions. Your answer depends on the cause of your error. Understand the reason for this error from the above section and then look for a solution down below:
Solution 1: Delete QuickBooks Network Data File(.ND)
QuickBooks network data file stores some valuable information of the company file. If this gets damaged, this error is triggered. Implement the steps given below to fix this situation:
- Move to the folder where QuickBooks is installed with the help of Windows File Explorer.
- Search for the company file with the same name as yours but with an added extension of .nd.
- Right-click on the file and choose Delete.
- Click on Yes to confirm.
- Restart QuickBooks.
- All these steps will delete the network data file from the QuickBooks installation directory. This will force QuickBooks in creating a new company file.
If these steps don’t help you move to the next solution given below
Solution 2: Transfer QuickBooks Installation Files To A New Folder
This step can be done when you think the folder containing the company file is damaged. Implement the steps given below to resolve the error with this method:
- Create a new folder.
- Copy all the files in the QuickBooks folder and paste them into the new folder.
- Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager to scan the company file.
- Access the company file from the new folder.
This blog discussed the solutions and causes for QuickBooks error 6177 0. You can also try to resolve error 6177,0 manually and move the QuickBooks company file to a local hard drive. Try all these methods step-by-step to get the best results.
For more information on this topic, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at (844)-932-1139.