Possible Causes and Solutions of the QuickBooks Error 179
QuickBooks is a perfect software tool for middle to small-sized businesses to address and procure their accounting needs. It has made quite a name for itself in the industry owing to its automated solutions and 24*7 customer support. However, errors and bugs continue to make a user’s daily operations extremely difficult. That’s why we will discuss QuickBooks error 179 in this blog and how you can fix it like a pro. A little about the issue, it is related to the bank reconciliation and prevents you from downloading the banking data from the web. Additionally, the user also fails to sign in to their bank account. More on it is discussed below.
Handling the banking errors on your own could be tedious and might affect your day’s schedule. Call on the toll-free number (844)-932-1139 instead and get external assistance on the issue from a QB expert.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Administrator Permissions Needed
What are the Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Enterprise Error 179
We know that the error 179 in QuickBooks arises when the application fails to establish connection with the banking website. Below are mentioned the causes behind the failure.
1. The computer system of the user is inflicted with the invasion of a virus or malware.
2. The internet connectivity is compromised.
3. The Internet browser might be having a cache issue.
4. The balance sheet reports might be missing some accounts.
5. The user has forgotten to log out of the last session.
The issue can be resolved if you could find out the cause (either of the above) and act on it by following the solutions mentioned in the next segment.
What are the solutions you could try to rectify the QuickBooks Online error 179?
There are multiple resolving methods to fix the QuickBooks error 179 in no time. Let’s check out some of them.
Solution- 1: Delete Your Browser’s Cache
The old cache of the bank’s website can cause issues in connecting to the updated, new website. Follow the steps mentioned below to clear the cache from your browser.
1. Close QuickBooks and go to Google Chrome.
2. At the top-right corner, click on the three dots to open the side-bar.
3. There, click on the History and delete all of it along with Cache.
Now, try logging in to your bank’s website again.
Solution- 2: Edit the Windows Registry File
The root of the error can be identified and fixed from the Windows Registry File. Follow the steps mentioned below to finish the task.
1. Click on Start button and open the search box.
2. Write Commands in the box and hit on Enter.
3. In the blank screen write Regedit.
4. Select the key related to error 179.
5. Save the key information.
6. Make a new file and name it with extension .reg.
Try to login back to the bank’s website and see if QuickBooks transaction error 179 is resolved.
Here we would like to conclude our blog on the QuickBooks error 179. We hope that you find the information here relevant to your queries. However, if you can’t resolve the issue even after completing the solutions, feel free to call on the helpline number (844)-932-1139 anytime.