What’s the Deal with QuickBooks Error 1328 and How to Rectify it?
QuickBooks stands at the top of the list when it comes to the best accounting and financing software. Being used by hundreds of SMEs and startups, QuickBooks makes the management of day-to-day bookkeeping activities much easier and better. However, no matter how perfectly designed QuickBooks is, there are several errors that are bound to occur while using it. Among the common errors is QuickBooks error 1328 that a user can face while trying to update or repair QuickBooks Desktop. The error message of the error code reads, “Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.” Through this post, we aim to provide you with all the information related to error 1328, including the reasons that cause it and the troubleshooting solutions.
Recommended to Read :- QuickBooks error 15106
Looking for instant troubleshooting support to get over QuickBooks error 1328 without putting in any effort? If yes, feel free to speak to our professional technical team at the toll-free number (844)-888-4666.
What can be the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 1328?
The followings are the reasons that usually throw QuickBooks error code 1328:
- * There is some damage done to the QuickBooks Desktop installation files.
- * Corrupted QuickBooks Desktop application.
What are the best solutions to rectify QuickBooks error 1328?
Solution 1) Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- 1. Download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the latest version (184.108.40.206) and save it on the Windows Desktop.
- 2. Choose the setup file QuickBooksToolHub.exe you downloaded and follow the instructions you see on the screen.
- 3. Finish the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub by accepting the terms and conditions.
- 4. Open QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking its icon.
- 5. At the left pane of the window, select the Installation Issues tab.
- 6. Choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button and let the tool run.
- 7. Once the tool is done fixing the installation files, choose the Finish button.
Solution 2) Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using the Clean Install tool
Step 1) From the computer, remove the QuickBooks Desktop application
- 1. On the keyboard, press the Windows key to select the Start menu.
- 2. Into the search box, type “Run” and select Run from the search results.
- 3. In the Run window, enter “appwiz.cpl” and click on the OK button.
- 4. Select QuickBooks Desktop from the list of applications and click on the Uninstall button.
- 5. Select the Next button on the window pop-up that appears on the screen.
Step 2) Run the Clean Install tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- 1. Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
- 2. At the left pane of the window, select the Installation Issues tab.
- 3. Click on the Clean Install Tool button and let the tool run.
Step 3) Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop on the computer and register it again
- 1. Download the QuickBooks Desktop version from Intuit’s official website and save it on the Windows desktop.
- 2. Click the setup file you downloaded and follow the steps mentioned on the computer screen to install it.
- 3. Register QuickBooks Desktop using the license and product information.
If you can’t get rid of QuickBooks error 1328 even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then there is a great possibility that the Microsoft components required for QuickBooks Desktop to run, like NET Framework or MSXML, are damaged. Our recommendation for you is to try to repair the necessary Microsoft components and see whether you face the error while running QuickBooks Desktop. For additional troubleshooting assistance to resolve the update error, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks professional team at the toll-free number (844)-888-4666. Our QuickBooks experts have extensive expertise and will make the troubleshooting procedure a piece of cake for you.