Try These Pro Tips To Fix QuickBooks Error 6209
It has been noticed that many users encounter QuickBooks error 6029 when attempting to open the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. The error code abruptly pops up on the user’s computer screen with an error message, which reads, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem when opening the company file.” Usually, such an error happens when the QuickBooks company file gets completely damaged. However, there can be several other reasons behind the occurrence of error code 6029 that we will discuss with you further in this post, alongside all the possible troubleshooting solutions.
Want to get rid of QuickBooks error 6029 without putting in any effort on implementing tiresome troubleshooting solutions? If yes, don’t hesitate to speak to our QuickBooks professional team at the toll-free number (844)-888-4666.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 6029?
The followings are the reasons that can trigger QuickBooks error code 6029:
- 1.The damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file.
- 2.Any QuickBooks program file is either damaged or corrupted.
- 3.The QuickBooks Desktop version you are using is outdated.
What should you do to resolve QuickBooks error 6029?
Solution 1) Manually restore the backup company file in QuickBooks Desktop
1.Open the Windows Start menu, enter *.qbb in the search box, and select the backup company file.
- 2.Click on the Open file location option.
- 3.Make a note of the path to the location where the backup company file is stored.
- 4.On the computer, open the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- 5.Select the File menu at the top menu bar.
- 6.Choose the Open or Restore Company option from the drop-down list of options.
- 7.Select the Restore a backup copy option and then choose the Next button.
- 8.Choose the Local Backup option and then select the Next button.
- 9.Find and select the QuickBooks backup company file using the path that you have noted down above.
- 10.Select a folder where you want to store the backup company file and then choose the Open button.
- 11.At last, choose the Save button.
Solution 2) Repair QuickBooks Desktop for the Microsoft Windows
- 1.Select the Windows Start menu, enter “appwiz.cpl” into the search box, and open appwiz.cpl from the top of the list.
- 2.Choose the version year of QuickBooks Desktop that you need to repair.
- 3.Select the Repair option and then choose the Next button.
- 4.When the Windows is done repairing QuickBooks Desktop, select the Finish button.
- 5.Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to open the company file.
Solution 3) Use the admin account to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release
- 1.Select the Windows Start menu, type “QuickBooks,” and choose the QuickBooks Desktop version year in the search results.
- 2.Choose the Run as administrator option.
- 3.Type in admin username and password of QuickBooks as prompted.
- 4.In QuickBooks Desktop, select the Help menu at the top menu bar.
- 5.Choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down menu.
- 6.In the Options tab, select the Mark All button.
- 7.Move on to the Update Now tab, select the Reset Update checkbox, and then choose the Get Updates button.
- 8.Restart the QuickBooks Desktop application and select the Yes button when it asks you to install updates.
If you cannot resolve QuickBooks error 6209 even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions explained above in the post, then there is a possibility that the configuration files ND and TLG are corrupted. Our recommendation for you is to rename the ND and TLG configuration files and see whether this resolves the error or not. For additional troubleshooting to fix the company file error, feel free to contact our QuickBooks professional team at the toll-free number (844)-888-4666.