How to set up a juice and soft drink preparing company in Dubai?
Dubai is a metropolis situated in the United Arab Emirates with a community of more than 3 million people. This is a dry city on the ledge of a desert that only gets a few inches of rain every year. Therefore, geographically this city is an ideal spot for opening a juice and soft drinks bar. Also, our society's preference for juice and soft drinks is growing at a rapid rate. It was found that there is a huge amount of people who consume soft drinks and juices regularly in Dubai. They are usually served chilled along with iced cubes. These are broadly available in theatres, stores, marts, and cafeterias. As a result, this has now become a highly competitive business. Any entrepreneur can easily begin this type of business in this location.
Now, let's dig into the depth of what it is really meant by this juice and soft drink business and how this is going to earn success.
Juice and Soft Drinks
Juice is a kind of drink that is made from different fresh fruits and some tasty vegetables. This is also considered a type of beverage. Why do people deem purchasing juice? Other than its fresh and sweet taste, this has some additional benefits. A healthy juice can boost our immunity and digestive system. It even helps to fight off dehydration. Whereas, a soft drink is a type of liquid that is produced by blending carbonated water and artificial flavors along with sweeteners. There are different types of soft drinks like normal, zero drink, and diet drink. People could choose any of these soft drinks based on their special needs and wants. The rising sensation of fitness and staying healthy, is steering up the juice business all around the world. Over the last five years, a huge number of juice bars and juice cafes have emerged. Similarly, the leading soft drinks companies are expanding their business furthermore. Studies show that the beverage segment is one of the most profitable businesses all around the world as the demand for the drinks is never going down.
Well, there are some other aspects you need to learn before operating your business in this field. Let's take a look at those basic aspects from the passage given below.
What are the basic requirements related to producing non-alcoholic drinks in Dubai?
For starting a juice and soft drinks preparation company in Dubai, first, you should get certified by the International Standard Industrial Classification (ISIC). With that certification, your company can manufacture the following products:
- non-alcoholic beverages
- natural mineral water
- Flavored water
- Soft drinks
Similarly, your company must also accept the bottling and labeling requirements imposed by the council for Standardisation and Metrology (ESMA).
Now let's have a look at the necessary things to keep in mind before stepping into this business.
Things to consider before stepping into the process
To begin a Juice and soft drink company, the money or machinery or the staff alone can't bring you profit. But the knowledge about the market and regulations is what earns you success in this field of industry. Here are a few points to consider before starting a fruit juice and soft drink preparing company in Dubai.
1. Learn your local health laws pertaining to the production of juice.
Reach out to the health department to find out what permits are required for starting your business. Assure your hygienic condition and safety measures by following regional regulations.
2. Decide which business criterion you are going to adopt.
You can choose from Home delivery, wholesale, and combination to run your business.
3. Get the appropriate appliances for the need of production.
If you plan to produce your own output, your preliminary investment will need to be used for the purchase of the proper appliances. It should depend on what kind of items you offer. However, investing in high-quality equipment is necessary for growing your business.
4. Find raw materials suppliers.
To operate your business successfully, you need a reliable supply of fruits and other ingredients. For that, you may need to contact a local farmer.
5. Formulate a Business plan.
This will help you with fixing the business goals and even setting up the budget for your business. These are even necessary for ensuring segments like a bank or small business loans. Also, this will help you to assure other aspects to make your business become profitable.
6. Find a suitable location.
In Dubai, you can choose from the free zone, offshore and the mainland to begin your career in this business. Each location provides varied privileges for your company. Always remember, the success rate of your company will be based on the location you choose to run out of your business.
7. Generate a budget for your company
Setting up a budget for your start-up company is an important task. You should also take time to build outlines and tactics to secure your money flow. Also, you have to create an agenda for backing all of your expenditures.
What are the Documents Required for Juice and Soft Drinks Business?
There are certain documents needed to be submitted before the officials for the registration and startup of your company. Let's go through this list of required documents given below:
- Passport size photo
- Passport copies of the shareholders
- Residence visa page with entry stamp page
- Utility bill of the shareholders
- Tenancy agreement of the premises
- Business plan
- Passport copy of the local partner
- Family book of the local partner
- EID copy of the local partner
How to begin a juice and soft drinks preparing bar in Dubai?
Striding into the food business is not a simple mission, especially if there is huge competition. Therefore, in order to start a juice and soft drink company with the benefits of having a global customer base, there are some conditions that need to be fulfilled. To learn that, check the complete process listed below:
- First, reserve the trade name of your company and get approval for the action.
- The next step is to find a local sponsor for your company. Gather the required documents and agreements to present before the council, for assigning your local sponsor.
- If this is a partnership business, you have to authorize that by signing an agreement at the notary public court.
- Later, the bodily location of the company should get sanction from the Food and Safety Authority of Dubai Municipality.
- For the construction of your juice and soft drink company, you have to fulfill certain requirements which are imposed by the Food and Safety Department of Dubai. However, these requirements are not applicable if your building is being rented.
- If your building is rented, then you have to sign a tenancy contract with the owner.
- After completing the ordinances of the Dubai municipality, they will issue the approval certificate.
- Later, submit all the attested documents to the Department of Economic Development to get your trade license.
- Then, you will attain approval from the Department of Economic Development and the Dubai Municipal and your license will be ready shortly.
- In the end, after receiving the license, you can apply for registration with the Ministry of Labour and the Immigration Department.
Food and Safety requirements
To start business in Dubai, you have to receive a license for food safety along with a set of permits. Here are the details:
- License for Food consignment release
- Permit for dealing and serving pork products
- Vehicle permit for transporting food products
What is the approximate budget to start this company?
Just for a license in Dubai will cost you around AED 10,350. On average, the estimated cost to open this business will cost about 150,000 AED to 200,000. The main expense is the rent of the place, interior fit-outs, and kitchen staff.
For a cheapest company setup in Dubai, you don't need much time and effort as it seems. Even though it is considered a highly competitive field, with the right commodity and durable business policies, you can conquer it easily. With proper analysis, hard work, and determination, you can turn this business into a goldmine.