Ecommerce strategy: how to create a sales path for your e-commerce
Having e-commerce is not enough to sell. For this to work, it is necessary to implement a good strategy that includes precise tools to use and activities to carry out, as well as the use of the most suitable channels to intercept potential customers.
Having an e-commerce strategy to follow when deciding to create e-commerce is essential for obtaining conversions, which, without structuring a precise sales funnel, it would not be possible to aspire.
To achieve this, an integral part of the e-commerce strategy must be inbound marketing, i.e. the creation and distribution of valuable content created with the very specific purpose of attracting a defined audience to a brand.
The Topic of the Post
- 1 How to decline an inbound marketing strategy for e-commerce
- 2 Conclusions
How to decline an inbound marketing strategy for e-commerce
The goal of this marketing strategy is to attract the attention of the potential customer, an increasingly difficult result to obtain today due to the increasing competition on the web.
To achieve this goal, multiple means can be used to obtain four micro objectives through which to reach the conclusion of our funnel Funnel (also known as a sales funnel or marketing funnel) is the process by which companies guide customers in purchasing products. The... sales:
- To close
The tools to attract
Attracting the niche of users potentially interested in our offer to our e-commerce is the first of the processes to be performed to bring the user into our funnel.
To do this we can use four tools useful for the purpose:
- advertising (abbreviated ADV) means advertising, it is a paid message that a company sends intending to inform or influence the people who receive it ...
- research Engine Optimization (search engine optimization): the set of strategies and practices to position websites or web pages in the organic results of the engines ...
- Content Marketing
- Social Network
To develop a marketing strategy based on advertising it is possible to use different channels, which will be chosen according to the objectives and the target refers to a group of potential customers to whom a company wants to sell its products or services. The Target is consequently also ... of users you are targeting.
Among the channels through which to do advertising, we find Google ADS and Facebook ADS.
In Google ADS it is possible to develop advertising campaigns using three methodologies that are distinguished by three different approaches:
- Research network, through which we can identify a specific need of users
- Display network, with which to point out your brand in contexts relevant to this
- Google Shopping, in which to display the single product searched by the user
By creating advertising campaigns on Facebook ADS it is possible to pursue different purposes such as:
- bring people to the website to get leadOften translated as "contact", a lead is an individual or company who has shown interest by sharing contact information, such as email address, telephone number ... or sales
- increase the visibility of the page to increase performance
- increase the visibility of a post
We, therefore, have several channels available, each of which can be used to pursue different objectives, but to remain the same in all circumstances, five points are essential to follow to create an effective ADV campaign :
- Identify the interest (i.e. what the interest of your niche is)
- Gain visibility (showing your products to your target)
- Stimulate the user (convincing him to click on your site)
- Push performance (i.e. improve the CTR, i.e. the relationship between those who see your ad and how many come to click on it)
- Evaluate the results (only after all the previous measures, evaluate the conversions obtained)
SEO is the second of the fundamental tools to be exploited in a good e-commerce strategy the structure is one of the most important aspects within e-commerce and useful to improve the performance side of SEO.
In this case, the main aspects, but not the only ones, to be optimized are represented by URL URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator. Colloquially called a web address, it is a reference to a web resource such as a site, page, or file ...of the pages and product sheets, which will be created following precise indications.
The optimization of titles, descriptions, meta-descriptions, and images are some of the most important factors to intercept users who are looking for your products.
The concept of content marketing for the blogs blog (short for "weblog") is an "online newspaper", or informational website, which displays information in reverse chronological order, with the latest ... of your e-commerce is instead a fundamental aspect that sees in giving value and relevant content through the processing of articles another of the most important aspects for the interception of users.
To do this, it is necessary to think about the type of searches that the user carries out and once the search intent and the needs of the users are clear, it will be possible to create content of value for your niche that responds to the needs expressed by the search, thus acquiring users. worth.
Another tool to use to attract users to our e-commerce is social networks.
When you choose to be present with your own brand Brand is an identification symbol, trademark, logo, name, word, and/or phrase that companies use to distinguish their product from others. A combination ... on social channels, it is first of all important to think about which social network is best suited to us, each platform stands out for different characteristics.
Knowing what types of content we will have in our editorial plan and where our potential customers are will allow us to choose the most functional platform for our content and best suited to position ourselves where potential customers are.
The tools to convert
Convert means, in short, transforming the user who arrived at the site from a foreigner to a customer.
To achieve this goal we can use three fundamental tools:
- call-to-action, that is everything that becomes a push for the user to start the purchase process
- landing page (translation: landing page) means a page specially created to convert site visitors into leads (contacts) or customers, often after having ..., represented by one or more pages that can be optimized even through external services
- lead acquisition by collecting user data through promotions or other means
The tools to close
To facilitate the process of closing the sale, it is possible to use some specific tools.
Among these we find:
- strategic remarketing, which allows us to enhance the ad's ability to track the correct user
- direct email marketing, i.e. strategies that allow us to follow up by following up on the user's first request
- customer relationship management represented by all the strategies, which especially on social networks, manage the relationship with the customer through human contact
Being able to follow you through a strategy of dynamic remarketing feasible thanks to Google ADS, or you can follow him on social networks through Facebook ADS becomes a factor that can make a difference once you get to the closing phase of our planned strategy inbound marketing.
The logic of following up on the user's interaction with the site also includes direct email marketing, a strategy based on sending emails that allow us to follow up on the user.
To take advantage of this strategy, some of the tools that can be used are:
- Active Campaign
Each of these features different functionalities, but the most important aspects to consider when using these tools in your e-commerce strategy are:
- clarify to the user why he is leaving his email (to receive discount codes, to receive materials, etc.)
- think about the editorial strategy behind the content of the emails
- understand which is the best periodicity to choose for sending emails
Customer relationship management (CRM CRM (Customer Relationship Management) typically refers to software for managing relationships with customers and prospects. CRM stands for Customer ...) is finally the last of the essential tools to be used to help us close the process.
Being good at answering questions or complaints and offering general support to the user who contacts us makes CRM a process that has great potential to help us in conversion web marketing, conversion means when a user takes a specific - measurable - action that is important to your business. Examples are access to the site, the visit of ... the final.
The tools to delight
Delighting a customer means going beyond just selling, giving other reasons to those who have already trusted us to continue to do so and to speak well of our brand.
In these cases, a review can be a good option to maximize the quality of the relationship obtained with the user who purchased from our e-commerce, turning the customer into a promoter of our brand.
Among the essential tools to know all the information necessary to develop more advanced strategies, we find Google Analytics which through particular reports allows us to know fundamental aspects for improving performance.
Among the most useful reports on Google Analytics for those involved in e-commerce we find:
- lead sources
- sources of conversions
- time spent on-page
- pages per view
- navigation flow
- visits to key pages
- visits to internal comparators
- access to manuals and support sections
- E-commerce tracking
- tailored e-commerce tracking
Without a doubt, an e-commerce strategy that encompasses all the tools considered so far must always be the basis of a project that aims to obtain any type of conversion through e-commerce.
At the same time without making use of the data made available by Google AnalyticsAnalytics, or web analytics, is the measurement, collection, analysis, and reporting of web data for understanding and optimizing the use of the web. When... it is easy to understand that it would in no way be possible to have the general vision necessary to evaluate the work done and to decide how to optimize the strategy that is being pursued.
Giving a broader interpretation of the behavior of users who access the site is the key to a constant optimization of all processes.
And, do you usually use all these tools in your e-commerce insurance strategy?