Easy Way To Boost WordPress Site SEO
SEO has become a very popular topic in the past few years. Creating a blog with WordPress is nice, but after that it is highly advisable to make your website search engine friendly. More and more website owners are realizing the impact this can have on their visibility in search results. You can get paid visitors through Google by advertising with Google AdWords. However, you can also attract visitors to your website using Google's free search results.
SEO plays an important role in getting high search results. Getting a top 5 list for a specific search term can only make a difference. You can get a lot of free visitors to your website through state of the art SEO services, and every visitor you get for free can help you aim your website for free.
How to do SEO on WordPress website
With these SEO tips, your WordPress website will score better than ever in search results. Search engine optimization is no longer rocket science with the many useful plugins that can be linked to your WordPress website. If you follow these WordPress SEO tips and actually apply the tips, your website will do better than ever in a matter of months, if not a few weeks.
The basis: WordPress SEO plug-in
In the past you could only use WordPress to set up a blog, now it's a lot more. This gives its users the ability to easily manage a website and install plug-ins which will make your website more discoverable. Digital marketing companies everywhere are working to optimize search engine optimization for their content management systems like WordPress.
There are different plug-ins to optimize your website. This plug-in allows you to apply the basic SEO tips to your website.
If you have installed the WordPress SEO by Yoast plug-in, you have the option of optimizing the page for the search engines under every page or blog post.
Focus on search term
This is the search term you want to focus on on this page. As an example, let's focus on the search term on this page: WordPress SEO Tools and Tips. Have your focus search term appear in your title, description, page url, and title of images and alt tags.
SEO title & description
The meta title and description of a page describe what the visitor sees in the search results. With the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin, you can easily customize the titles and meta descriptions of your web pages and immediately see a preview of how the whole thing will look in Google. If the description is longer, Google will leave out part of your description. Be as specific as possible and let them know immediately what the visitor will find on this page.
In addition, Yoast also allows you to set templates for the automatic generation of titles and meta descriptions.
Tips for optimizing search engine optimization on WordPress website:
Google examines the structure of your URLs. If a page has a link like http://www.example.com/?p=123, Google can't see what the page is about. However, if you give your page the URL http://www.example.com/blog/wordpress-seo-tools-and-tips-for-wordpress-websites, Google will immediately recognize what the page is about, namely SEO- Tips for WordPress websites.
You can put this in Google with a simple tick. To do this, go to the Permalinks page under the Settings heading. The permalink is set to standard by default.
Since one of the latest Google updates, website speed has become very important. Typically, if you have to wait 5 seconds before a page loads, you are leaving the site quickly and looking for a site that is faster. Google has now realized this and is demanding that your website load quickly if you want to get a good score in search results.
Among other things, having a good web hosting provider is one of the reasons, but to further improve the speed of your website, WordPress users have developed a cache plug-in. Several plug-ins are known. We prefer the plugin from Litespeed Cache or WP Rocket. Both plug-ins are very easy to use.
Internal link structure
Then have multiple pages point to the page that should do better in search results. You can do this by making relevant words clickable and pointing them to the relevant page that should do better. There are plug-ins for this too, but I do it manually so you can determine the quality of the links yourself.
Crumb paths on your website
Crumb paths (or breadcrumbs) are internal links that show which page you are currently on. In large webshops you will often see a link under the heading that says: You are here: Home page name - Services - Services.
They make sure that the Google robot can navigate your website more easily so that it visits all the pages. You can also easily and automatically create crumb paths on your website using the previously highlighted Yoast plug-in. On the internal links page under the SEO heading, you can find the code to place the breadcrumb.
This is often a standard location that a website visitor expects to find the crumb trail.
XML and HTML sitemaps
A sitemap is a page that contains links to all of the pages that can be found on your website. With a sitemap, you can be sure that Google is indexing your entire website, not just the most visited or popular pages.
1. The XML sitemap is a sitemap for search engines. Yoast's best WordPress SEO plugin automatically generates an XML sitemap. However, if you'd prefer to do this manually, you can do so through the XML Sitemap Generator website. Make sure to disable the Yoast sitemap generator (in the SEO menu item under the heading XML sitemaps) when creating an XML sitemap manually.
2. You can use a WordPress plug-in for the HTML sitemap. We use the Yoast XML sitemaps ourselves. This plug-in automatically generates an XML sitemap. Then enter exclude = "page number" in the code. You can find the page number in the URL of your own browser when you click on the corresponding page in the CMS.
Google webmaster tool
A very handy tool that we've been using ourselves for years is the Google Webmaster Tool. The tool gives you insight into error messages, problems and ambiguities on your website. You can also find out if certain links on your website point to a 404 page and add them to your XML sitemap so you can be sure that Google is indexing all of your pages.
The Google Webmaster Tool should not be missing from this list or from your list in order to optimize your website. The SEO tips above were mostly technical tips to help improve your website's rankings. Below are some more useful tips that can have a huge impact on your search engine positions.
Link building (external links)
Link building is an important part of making your website discoverable. If there are no links to your website, it is difficult for Google to determine the "value" of your website.
In the past, link building meant that you had to register your website with as many homepage subsidiaries as possible. However, due to recent algorithm changes by Google, this is no longer important. More importantly, your website gets shared on social media frequently and you get a referral to your website from all quality websites (e.g. websites with the same theme).
Keep creating content!
1. Although backlinks ensure that your website is ranked, it is more important to write good content (e.g. blog articles). If something is right, website visitors automatically share it. This way you get your free advertising and also score points in the search engines.
2. Register your website on a few home pages (not too many, a maximum of 3 to 5 pieces).
3. Preferably, make sure that the links you collect are from websites with the same topic. When you collect links, you collect not only links that refer to the homepage, but also to other (interesting) pages on your website.
4. Try to place anchor texts with links. Not all websites (e.g. home pages) allow this, but apply wherever possible. Use different search terms for this. In particular, do not participate in link retrieval exchange programs. “This type of link works poorly or not at all and only leads to dirty link building.
5. Place a link to your website on all social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook company page, Google Plus).
Guest blogging leads to more visitors
In addition to the ranking factor, guest blogging is also good for your name recognition. It's important to choose blog platforms that connect with your target audience. It
Advertising on social media
Social media is essential. Hours are spent on Facebook. Not exactly productive of course, but if you use social media properly you can save yourself. Below are some useful tips to help you along the way.
1. Make sure people can like, share, or tweet pages on your website.
2. Facebook, Linkedin, Google+ and Twitter are some famous social networks in the world. Make sure you have a presence on the social media platforms your target audience is on. Don't waste time on other platforms that have minimal exposure.
3. Ask your website visitors if they want to share articles. This doesn't hurt and offers additional free advertising
4. Automate your social media, for example with BufferApp. This way, you don't have to publish articles every time, but it does it automatically.
5. As soon as you publish a new blog article on your website, you can share it directly on social media
6. Split articles every 6 months. An article is not seen by 100% of your target audience. So if you share it more often, there is a chance that you will still be addressing a part.
Optimize readability with Yoast
Note that texts must always be legible. It is important to Google that content is useful and valuable to visitors. If the content is difficult to read, it will not be comfortable to use. If you use the Yoast plugin, you will also have access to the readability analysis. This analysis gives you feedback on what could be better in the text.
Avoid These Negative SEO Factors:
After all, there are a number of things to prevent here. Otherwise, your position in search engines could be seriously damaged.
Prevent your website from being hard to get to. Good web hosting is therefore very important. Instead of choosing the cheapest, choose the web hosting company with the most positive reviews on independent comparison sites like The Feedback Company and Kiyoh
Prevent 404 errors from occurring on your website. So check regularly that all of your website links are still working properly.
Prevent Your Website From Slow. For example, you can test this with the Pingdom Website Speed Test Tool from Pingdom Tools.
Totally hip in the past, no longer made today: Flash. Don't create a website in Flash. Not only are Flash websites difficult to find in search engines, but they also fail to display on an iPhone or iPad. Apple doesn't block Flash on its devices for free.
Copy content from other websites and put it on your own website. Write clear texts, do not use other people's texts.
A decent laundry list of points. Record what you can pick up and outsource the rest to professionals. That way, you can be sure that you have a high quality website that is SEO friendly.
Choosing the WordPress platform for your business is the first and right step in creating an optimized website. If you follow these latest points mentioned in the article above, your business will be taken to the next level in the search engine. In addition, with these strategies your website generates more organic traffic, brand awareness and also improves keyword ranking positions. If you think you have any additional tips, please mention them below. I am really looking forward to it. Because I believe that research will never end and keep giving new points and passing knowledge to everyone.