QuickBooks Error 1904[Ways To Fix This Error]
QuickBooks Error 1904 is quite a standard error faced by multiple QB users. This error commonly shows up while installing QuickBooks for the first time or while upgrading QuickBooks from Pro to Premier. This error may show up while switching from the old OS to a new OS. In this blog, we will understand various causes and solutions associated with this error.
Recommended to Read :- QuickBooks error 15222
In case of any problem or technical problems, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 800.583.0572.
Reasons of Error 1904
The reasons are extremely crucial for any error to get resolved. Some of the causes are listed below:
- 1.Installation of a new Windows operating system can cause this error to act up.
- 2.Also, upgrading QuickBooks Desktop Application Version is a potential factor for this error to show up.
- 3.Windows security application blocking or interrupting QuickBooks installation can lead to this error.
- 4.Lastly, damaged or corrupt QuickBooks installation can also cause this error.
Solutions For This Error
There are numerous things we can try to fix this error. Some of these measures are listed below:
Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub can help fix common errors. Windows 10, 64-bit offers the best experience. Follow the steps given below:
- 1.Shut Down QuickBooks.
- 2.Download the newest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- 3.Open QuickBooksToolHub.exe which is the downloaded file.
- 4.Follow the on-screen instructions. After that, double-click on the QuickBooks icon to open it.
Run The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool From The Tool hub
After following the above steps, run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix issues with the Microsoft components that QuickBooks uses. Go through the steps given below:
- 1.Open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- 2.Select Installation Issues in the Tools hub.
- 3.Choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. This tool can take up to 20 minutes to work/run.
- 4.Now when it’s done, restart the computer and open QuickBooks.
- 5.If QuickBooks works fine, then everything is fixed.
Manually Fix QuickBooks
This step allows fixing particular Windows components. There are two things you can try. One is to repair or reinstall Microsoft.Net Framework. The Second is to repair Microsoft MSXML. Try these steps only if you are confident enough. If QuickBooks works fine after these steps, then the error is resolved.
In this blog, we covered two main solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 1904. These steps should help you resolve this error. We also saw some causes for this error. You can also try changing your Windows Account settings and permissions to resolve this error. Hence, it’s an error that can get fixed with the right procedure.
To know more about QuickBooks or any of its errors, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 800.583.0572.