How to Safely Rectify QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer
QuickBooks is a name that comes to many of our minds regarding the best accounting and financing application. From small to mid-sized businesses, QuickBooks has a massive user base throughout the world. Developed by the Intuit company, QuickBooks comes with several powerful features and tools to take care of almost all accounting activities, including payroll, track overall cash flow, and many more. However, despite being so perfect and advantageous, QuickBooks is not free from errors and technical glitches. In this post, we will talk about QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error, which usually occurs when a user attempts to switch QuickBooks Desktop from single-user mode to multi-user mode. There can be numerous reasons behind such a multi-user error that we aim to explain to you and the reasons through this post.
Dealing with QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error can be pretty frustrating. However, all it needs the proper troubleshooting guide that you can get immediately from our QuickBooks professionals at the toll-free number 800.583.0572.
What are the reasons triggering QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error?
QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error usually gets triggered when the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not set up to function on the host computer. Although, there can be other reasons also, like as follows:
- * The Windows Firewall Defender is preventing QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to the internet connection.
What needs to be done to eliminate QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error?
Solution 1) On the host computer, run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- 1. Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub application of the most recent version (126.96.36.199) and save it somewhere on the computer that you can quickly locate.
- 2. Select the downloaded installation file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- 3. To install QuickBooks Tool Hub, follow the onscreen instructions and, at last, agree to the terms and conditions.
- 4. Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
- 5. Select the Network Issues tab at the left panel of the window.
- 6. In the Fix My Network section, select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager button.
- 7. Click on the Browse button to select the company file and then choose the Start Scan button.
- 8. Once the database server manager is done scanning the company file, select the Close button.
- 9. Try to switch QuickBooks Desktop from single-user mode to multi-user mode.
Solution 2) Configure the security settings of Firewall Defender for QuickBooks Desktop
- 1. Open the Start menu on the host computer.
- 2. Type “Firewall” into the search column and select Windows Firewall Defender from the search results.
- 3. Choose the Advanced Settings link at the left pane of the window.
- 4. Right-click Outbound Rules and then select the New Rule option.
- 5. Select the Port option and then click on the Next button.
- 6. Choose the TCP option and then enter the port number according to the QuickBooks version year you have in the Specific local ports: column.
- 7. Click on the Next button.
- 8. Select the Allow the Connection option and then click on the Next button.
- 9. Make sure to checkmark all the profiles as prompted and then click on the Next button.
- 10. Make a new rule with the name QBPorts(year).
- 11. Click on the Finish button.
- 12. Repeat the steps mentioned above in the same order to create inbound rules, except you are required to select Inbound Rules instead of Outbound Rules.
If you’re unable to get rid of QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error even after implementing both the troubleshooting solutions explained in the above post, then is a great possibility that the server is failing to connect to the workstation because of some network connectivity issues. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on the host computer and check if this fixes the error or not. For additional troubleshooting guidance rectifying the multi-user error, feel free to contact our QuickBooks professionals at the toll-free number 800.583.0572.