[100% Tested] Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1618
QuickBooks is one of the topmost automated solutions for daily accounting needs in workspaces. With its best-in-class tools and continuous technical support for its users, QB has maintained decent popularity within middle to small-sized businesses. However, even in its heyday, the software tool faces issues that constantly bugs and hinders its efficiency, and one of them is the QuickBooks error 1618. Let’s talk about it in detail below.
On a different note, if you need an expert to assist you with the QuickBooks error 1618, dial the toll-free number (844)-932-1139 anytime.
You can Also Read: QuickBooks error OLSU 1013
What is QuickBooks error code 1618?
The QuickBooks error message 1618 appears on the screen when the user tries to install or update the QB software. It could also appear if there are more than one Windows installer program running on the system. It reads that there was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library and sometimes, it could read that ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING error message when you run the Setup program to install QuickBooks programs. Some of its causes are mentioned below.
Reasons behind the existence of error 1618 in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks is not installed completely or properly.
- The Windows registry file is corrupted.
- Some virus or malware has infected the QB-related files or important Windows system files.
- Important QB program files are deleted mistakenly.
What are the fixes to rectify the QuickBooks error 1618?
In order to resolve the QuickBooks installation error 1618, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub from Intuit’s website and run the downloaded QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to complete the installation process.
- From the desktop icon open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose Installation Issues.
- Click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let it work to diagnose the issue.
- Once the tool is done running, restart the system.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete simultaneously to open the Task Manager.
- Go to Processes and reset the list alphabetically in the Image name column.
- Select the Processes with the name of MSIEXEC.EXE and select End Process.
- Open the Run command and in the search field, type Regedit.
- Choose My Computer and open the File menu.
- Click on Export.
- In the Export Range, select All Options.
- Save Windows registry backup on desktop.
- Once the backup is created, remove the keys.
- Deleting the keys will cause all of its subkeys to be deleted.
At this point, we would like to end our blog on QuickBooks error 1618. It shall be eliminated after you complete the steps. However, if it doesn’t, then feel free to call on the technical helpline number (844)-932-1139 and get immediate assistance on the line.