How important is posture at a standing desk?
This is true that sitting for a long period is, definitely good for us. It is also said that we, humans are not built to sit. Prior studies have found that less activity or no physical activity was almost the same as the risk of death from alcohol and obesity. It can also affect the brain badly. So, to help you out from such problems a stand-up desk is the best option for you. It will also help you to improve your posture and take the pressure off.
These customized desks help you to work at your desk job while standing rather than sitting. You can easily convert them into a standing desk at no cost by lifting your computer. The use of a standing desk was also founded helpful in weight loss according to a few research. Many companies also started offering standing desks to their employees. And this is such a cool idea to provide them a healthy lifestyle.
Assumed Potential Benefit of Standing Desk
A new study shows that there may be a lot of incredible benefits of standing desks including weight loss and obesity. If we spend more time standing after a meal then it helps blood sugar levels return to normal.
Let’s have a look at other benefits of a standing desk:
- Improve your bad posture into a good one
- Reduce the risk of neck, back, and shoulder pain
- Prevents obesity and diabetes
- Stop premature death
- Decrease the chances of cancer
- Helps to prevent cardiovascular disease
But one thing you all should keep in mind that the health effect of these may not be the same for everyone. PurpleArk’s Desk, ApexDesk Elite, and Fully Jarvis Bamboo is the most comfortable desks of 2021. They are one of the best standing desk are perfect for any height.
Things You Need to Keep in Your Mind before Going to Stand at Your Desk
Remember that a standing desk is also like any other invention, so some side effects can also be seen in few cases. For example, if you suddenly stand from sitting, then it may possible you face the risk of leg and back pain. So instead of standing all day, it is better to with 30 to 60 mins. Then after few days, you can gradually start increasing it. But standing for an extended time at a desk is also not good for you.
While using a standing desk you should maintain a proper posture. Try to keep your neck straight, tall, and relax your shoulder. As previously said, put your head neutral don’t bend your chin down or up. Shift your weight from one leg to another; this will help you to prevent further fatigue. You can also use a standing desk mat to give yourself a small footrest. Don’t strain your backbone (spine) backward or forward. To prevent further disease, use an alternate way between sitting and standing.
Here are few tips that will help to get good posture while using a standing desk.
If our body remains in a position for a long period then it started tending naturally. It brings a negative change in the natural position of the human body. So, while using a standing desk we also need to know the complete information about the body structure and its effect.
- Adjust It According To Your Elbow’s Height: This will help you to prevent injuries to your hands and arms.
- Keep Your Spine Neutral: Make sure to keep your spine neutral, this will help you to provide a good posture and balance your muscles.
- Keep in Touch With Ergonomic Experts: Take advice from the experts they have a lot to tell about keeping the stress off. Their guideline will help you that how your arms should be at 90 degrees. Also, they will tell you that where your monitor should be. The right position of this is slightly below your eye level.
Rather than this try to keep the transition between sit and stand for having a better posture of the body.