Ultimate Guide to Fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 80
QuickBooks is a leading software tool that has made some groundbreaking innovations in the industry of automated accounting solutions. Moreover, it has vast popularity in middle to small-sized businesses owing to its useful tools and 24*7 technical support for its customers. However, some errors like QuickBooks error 6000 80 hinder the productivity of its users. It can take place when you try to open or create your QuickBooks company file. It also restricts your access to your company records and hampers your work progress. So today, we will talk about its causes and solutions in the blog below.
Are you tired of being not able to open the company file at the rush hour of the day? Evade the problem immediately by calling on the toll-free number 844-932-1139 and get expert assistance over the issue anytime.
Causes of the QuickBooks company file error 6000 80
There could be tens of reasons behind the issue of QuickBooks error code 6000 80. Below are mentioned some of them.
- QuickBooks Company data conversion or restoration over internet connectivity or network but must have done locally.
- It is possible that there is an issue of damaged or corrupted company files.
- More than one computers act as a host for the QuickBooks Desktop data file.
- QuickBooks is unable to communicate with the host computer.
- The server connection is inactive.
The reasons mentioned above can be eliminated by the solutions given in the next segment of the blog.
What are the solutions to resolve the QuickBooks error 6000 80?
There are numerous solutions to fix the error 6000 80 while opening the company file. Some of them are given below.
Solution- 1: Move the Company File to a new location
If the company file folder is corrupted, you can create a new folder and then access the file from there by following the steps mentioned below.
- Close QuickBooks and go to My Computer.
- Open C: drive and make a new folder on it.
- Now, head over to the folder that contains the company file (.QBW).
- Right-click on the file with .QBW extension and choose Copy.
- Move back to the new folder you created in the C: drive and paste the file there.
- Set the permissions to share the company files from Windows.
Try accessing the company file from the new location now.If you still can’t access it, go to the next solution.
Solution- 2: Run the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
Any data integrity issues in the company file could trigger the error. Fix the company file damage by following the steps mentioned below.
- From the File menu, go to Utilities.
- Click on Verify Data and select OK.
- If you see an error message, “Your data has failed the integrity check” you have to utilize Rebuild Data utility.
- Go to the File menu again and select Utilities.
- Next, you have to select Rebuild Data and hit on OK.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the Rebuild Data utility to finish its task.
Run Verify Data utility again to check if the error is fixed.
Here comes the end of our blog on QuickBooks error 6000 80. We hope you find every answer you are looking for in this written piece. However, if you still have an unanswered query, kindly call on the helpline number 844-932-1139 and get immediate support for your problem.