Six Most Popular Fabrics Used For the Window Drapery
The right window dressing can make a huge difference to the overall appearance of your room. Just like you choose drapery hardware, it is important to choose the right fabric for the drapery. The fabric plays a significant role in the appearance and durability of the drapery. The key thing you need to understand is drapery is made from dense fabric, and perhaps, it is the major difference between the curtains and draperies. Let’s break the options and help you know the right fabric option for the custom window drapery treatments in Oak Park.
- Velvet- Velvet is one of the oldest fabrics being used for drapery. It is traditionally made from silk that offers an opulence and grandeur feel. Velvet drapes are heavier and thicker, due to which they act as a good light and sound insulator. In short, they perfectly block the outside light from entering your place. Velvet draperies work well in very formal as well as informal settings that include living rooms, bedrooms, and dining rooms.
- Voile- This type of fabric is made from natural fabrics like silk and cotton. Likewise, it can also be made from synthetic fabrics like polyester and rayon. The voile drapery is ideal where light and privacy are needed. They work great when paired with blackout-lined curtains in the bedrooms. Since they are light, they can be hanged from thin spring tension rods in the kitchen and bathroom windows.
- Linen- Linen is one of the most fabrics so far. Linen is made of one of the oldest yarns that make it incredibly strong, durable, and stable. The texture may vary from slubby to smooth. The natural linen appears earthly and pale. You can use the linen drapes with unfinished wood for a subtle appearance, and metal poles for the contrast.
- Silk- It is one of the most sought-after fabrics being used for curtains and draperies. It was originally developed in China approx 8,500 years ago. Silk has a soft luster, richness in color, and strength, which make it a favorite in the interior as well as fashion industries. Synthetic silk is affordable, but natural silk made from silkworms can be expensive. Silk can be textured, plain, smoother, printed, and embroidered, making the draperies beautiful.
- Cotton- If you have not yet found what you exactly looking for, then it might be a cotton drapery. Everyone is familiar with cotton that comes in various thicknesses and finishes.
- Lace- Lace draperies and curtains add a little famine touch to a room. Made from natural and synthetic materials, lace can be found in bathrooms and kitchens. You can use the sash café rod for the cozy and romantic window dressing.
Draperies are a great way to express your personal style. Since they are a long-term investment, always buy the draperies from the reputed company. The price may drastically vary. Therefore, always buy what you can afford. Get in touch with the window treatment experts for perfect installation and getting the right suggestions to choose the right draperies that can go well with the home interior.
Last but not least, window treatment experts will help you in choosing the window treatments whether it is drapery or roller shades for bedroom windows in Malibu.