RNI registration fees: What’s the charge to start a newspaper in India
To start a newspaper in India, you should be willing to pay the RNI registration fees. It’s the cost required to obtain the authorization to publish news all over the country. But what’s the cost of starting such a business venture? This blog is going to ponder on that topic.
RNI registration or Registrar of Newspapers in India registration is the requirement mandatory for those looking to start a newspaper in India, and publish it either all over the country, or their respective territories. The process is fulfilling this requirement is two fold:
- First, you’re required to get the title of the newspaper right, and then,
- You’re required to get approval for the content of your newspaper.
The RNI registration charges encompass the above two tasks. Thus, when you’re reading this article, keep in mind that there are two charges you’re required to pay:
- One to the government to process your application.
- And another to the professionals to file your application.
What is the RNI online registration fees for getting newspaper registration?
The process of getting title verification of the newspaper involves the following steps:
- Deciding the name of the newspaper: Your first task is to decide the name of the newspaper. That name can’t be a copy of an already existing one. It should be unique and should be meaningful. Here are some pointers to help you decide your newspaper’s name:
- Don’t choose a name that has word associated with government bodies in it
- Don’t choose a name that’s gibberish – where the words make sense but they don’t do so together.
- Don’t choose a name that is an amalgamation of existing newspapers.
As you can see, the task of deciding upon a name is not easy. Furthermore, even if you decide and choose a unique name, you should also know to see the titles of newspapers that exist currently. IF your name matches with them in some way, you’ll need to come up with another name.
- Filing the application for RNI registration: Go the official website of Registrar of Newspaper in India and file the application. Submit the RNI registration fees during the time of filing. You’ll be paying the complete government fee at this point.
- Download the application: Download the application. Take its printout Submit it, along with the required documents to your local body. It can be SDM, JCM and others.
- Get the RNI verification letter:If you’re title is approved, you’ll obtain a title verification letter.
After the approval of the title, following are the steps to get approval for the publication:
- Declare in an affidavit that your title has been approved.
- Send that affidavit to your local body so that it can authenticate it.
- Once you’ve an authenticated declaration, RNI gives you 42 to 90 days to publish the first copy of your newspaper
- Publish your first copy and send it to the RNI body.
- IF your content is approved, you’ll receive the final RNI registration certificate.
Read More License: LMPC Certificate
The professionals will help you at every aforementioned step. They will charge you a small professional fee to render their services. Their task will be to:
- Help you choose a unique and compliant newspaper title
- File your application
- Submit the hard copy of your application
- Conducting follow up till you get your title approved
- Draft your affidavit
In the end, by paying a small newspaper registration fees, you can complete assistance for your RNI registration needs. The same goes for magazine registration, the fees involved will entail the same steps and will give you the same services.