IP1 License and Its importance to India’s Digitization dreams
Ip1 License in India is a permit to provide passive or non electrical resources that help the telecom companies stay afloat. What resources am I talking about? I am talking about:
- Right of Way that allows these telecoms to lay their wires across the urban and rural streets without any legal repercussions.
- Duct space that allow the servers to handle multiple connections without getting overheated.
- Dark fibres that allow the telecom companies to provide high speed Internet Services in India.
- And finally, the cell towers, without which India would’ve never wireless.
Despite the importance of these resources, people seem to forget the value of IP1 License holders in India. This blog is for them, and for you. Here, we will take you through everything you need to know about the license, including:
- Why should you get it?
- Who has to get it?
- Who issues it?
- How can you get it?
Why should you apply for IP-1 License in India?
India depends on telecom industry to accomplish its digitization dream. Without these companies providing the optimal internet services that allow things like electronic transactions, and access to online information to exist, India won’t be digitized.
And without the passive hardware resources, that the holders of IP-1 license India provide, these telecom companies can’t provide optimal internet services.
Other reasons to get IP-1 License in India:
- Access to an income stream: With IP1 License, you don’t become a seller of telecom resources, you become a renter or a leaser. It means that periodically, telecom companies would need to pay you to use the telecom resources. It forms a constant income stream for your company.
- Immediate access to market: The number of new telecom companies in India are on the rise. And they need YOUR resources to help them provide their services. Thus, starting providing these resources would give you an immediate access to a desperate market where you can control the prices.
But what are you as the holder of IP1 License in India. What are you called?
Who has to obtain an IP1 License?
Infrastructure Providers is a specific type of company. It’s a service providers whose services include renting or leasing telecom resources and its clients are telecom companies. They need to obtain DOT IP-1 License in India to become operational.
Simply put, you, as an infrastructure provider, needs to obtain IP1 license before you can start doing business.
Who issues the IP1 License in India?
Just like any form of telecommunication license, the license to provide passive infrastructure is also issued by the Department of Telecommunication. It works under the apex authority of India of broadcast and telecommunication, the Central Ministry.
Read More License: Insurance Web Aggregator License
How to get IP-1 License in India?
IP-1 License registration is a process for which you need to file an online application via the Saralsanchar portal. However, because of the Department’s carelessness, the portal is not fully operational. Thus, you’d need to follow the steps specified as below:
- Setup your IP-1 Business as a Private limited Company or a Public Limited Company: It’s the first step to become eligible for the license itself. To setup your company, you can reach out to DOT consultants. These individuals are not only versed with getting you the IP-1 License, but also have the power to make you eligible for it.
- File the online application: Put together the following documents and send them to the aforementioned consultants:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- MOA and AOA of your company
- List of Directors of the company
- Shareholding pattern of your ISP company
- GST registration certificate
- Description of your business where you will provide details of the resources you deal in.
- A demand draft of the IP-1 License fee
- Wait as the application is scrutinized by the Department of Incorporation: Once the consultant you hired submits the application via online or offline mode, the DOT will scrutinize it. If the application is accepted, you’ll obtain the IP1 registration certificate.
The whole process from the time your company is incorporated to the time you get the license is going to take 1 month. But that’s only possible if you let the consultants do their job, which is nothing more or less than to assist you.
What is IP-1 License? It’s a hope for India that is going to make her dream of digitization real. But to provide that hope, you need the help of our consultants. That’s where we come in – DOT consultants with our versatile services tailored to your IP-1 License needs.