A Quick Troubleshooting for QuickBooks Error 6000 77
One of the most common company file errors that QuickBooks users encounter is QuickBooks error 6000 77. This error is primarily related to the multi-user mode in QuickBooks and appears when a user tries to access the company file from the workstation that is saved on the server computer. Several factors are responsible for the occurrence of QuickBooks company file error and if once identified, the error can be resolved in a few minutes. If you are also dealing with one such company file error, then keep reading the complete article until the end to know more about the reasons and solution to resolve QuickBooks Desktop error 6000 77 in the shortest time possible.
Users desalting with QuickBooks error 6000 77 if require additional assistance resolving the error can reach QuickBooks Desktop Helpline NUmber (844-888-4666).
Possible Reasons behind the Occurrence of Company File Error QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Here is a list of every possible reason that can trigger code 6000 77 while accessing the company file in QuickBooks:
1. If you are not connected to the server computer that has the company file saved on it.
2. The Windows user account that you are using to access the company file is not having the required administrator rights.
3.Damage in the company file is also a possible reason for getting error code 6000 77 while accessing the company file.
4. If some crucial QuickBooks installation files like.ND and.TLG files have got some damage.
5. Damaged company file folder is also a reason that triggers error message 6000 77 in QuickBooks.
6. When Windows firewall is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the company file.
If you can identify the reasons that are triggering the error in your case, then jump to the related troubleshooting method and skip the others. If you are not sure what is causing the error, then follow the troubleshooting instructions in the given order.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 77
Solutions 1: Run QuickBooks as an Administrator
1. Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select run as administrator.
2. Enter the admin account’s login credentials.
3.Try to access the company file now.
Solution 2: Check Workstation’s connectivity with the Server
1. Open a command prompt on the workstation and type the command PING [Server IP Address].
2. Press Enter and check if all the packets sent are received by the server.
3. If the packets are lost, then contact your IT admin to get the connectivity issues resolved.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor Tool
1. Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and run it using the Desktop icon.
2. Move to the Company File Issues section and click QuickBooks File Doctor.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to repair the damage in the company file.
If the issue is still not resolved, then you will need to recreate the damaged company file folder and.ND and.TLG files. You might also require to reconfigure the Windows firewall which requires expert guidance. If you are also stuck with QuickBooks error 6000 77 and need the help of an expert, then get in touch with the support team now.